Bad Hofgastein - ski season opener 2011/12

Dreams do come true!
H2 in Bad Hofgastein - man on the run - again

The Maurachalm - an Austrian Chocolate Box
After a few days lifting my heels on the cross-country loop it was time to get up the mountain. There is no rocket that goes up to say the lifts are opening, its a matter of spotting an updated web page. So, I staggered out this morning with my ski's over my shoulder just a bit concerned that it was all a hoax or perhaps a dream. After all, it had been several days since the last snow. The first sign that the opening was real came when two others, ski suited and booted, arrived at the bus stop to join me. Would the ski buses be running? The appointed hour arrived, no bus! Happily it was only a few minutes late - the Austrians at the bus stop gave out a Gott sei Dank (Thank God), they obviously shared my uncertainty. The clincher was that my shiny new lift pass worked at the lift station - the game was definitely on for another season.

Comments