Bad Hofgastein - skiing, coffee and a shower

A hat full of Snow
View from the Haitzingalm
The Haitzingalm
Fresh snow and sunshine, a magic combination. Time for elevenses and the first visit to the Haitzingalm this season. I was rather too anxious to get my caffeine fix however. I took the direct route which involved negotiating some bumps. I'm afraid I took off and did a head plant in front of the restaurant. Anyway, the Owner Lady recognised me and gave me a nice welcoming Gruss Gott. The coffee was just right, a Verlangerter which is a larger, watered down, version of an Expresso. So, fully refreshed, I headed off again. However, I did not realise that during my little embarrassment with the bump, snow had been forced between my helmet liner and the shell. This had melted while I was in the restaurant so the final  indignity I suffered was a cold shower as I put my helmet on. But hey, could be worse, I could be Christmas Shopping!
Down the track on H4

Comments