Getting into Summer mode

As the weather has been so good it had to be lunch on the balcony after our cross-country expedition to Sportgastein.
I had a nice nap and then we headed for the Palace Hotel and the swimming pool. Doing OK in the pool, managed to do 20 lengths in one stint. Never thought in my life I would ever wear swimming goggles though! Now I’m in the pool for longer I found my eyes were getting really sore. At twelve euros they seem to be a very good investment. Still finding the goose grease a bit difficult to put on.
Across the valley from the skiing area is the Annen Cafe, a favourite watering hole.

Put the shorts on and TW led me up there for a walk on Wednesday. It’s on the eastern side of the valley where there is no skiing, just farms and forest. We walked up to about 1300m and then back to the Annen Cafe for lunch. Very nice beer and a salad. Then it was back to our balcony and a good book. Just like a summers day!
View across the valley, this is where we ski

Comments