Cafe Culture

On the sunny SW side of the valley and about 35 minutes walking uphill from home is the Annen Cafe. Its a lovely family run spot with fantastic views. It looks just how you'd expect an Austrian mountain cafe to look. Lots of distressed wood and carvings. Surprisingly, this part of the building wasn't even here 6 months ago, they have brought it in from the Tyrol. The family is justly proud of what they have put together, its idyllic and well worth the walk.

I earned my beer today as I have been painting windows ready for the winter.
Going to buy paint locally is always a fun experience.
Once the colour is chosen from a pallet they will always try an up sell, oh you will need to clean the wood so you need this solvent, and this cleaning material is essential etc. I did pretty well with my German initially, I knew what I wanted and what it was called but the intricacies of painting windows in Austria beat me. Oh and you need to stir the paint for two minutes so here is a free stirrer. Bit of a difference from B & Q.
Last time I bought emulsion here for the walls I ended up with a hat and tee shirt (as well as the paint).

Comments