Purbeck Isle - Easter on the bike

An Easter Island tour
Old Harry basking in the sun
Poole Harbour

A few years back, there would hardly be a bike on the Sandbanks Ferry. Now there is a queue to get on! Mostly Mountain Bikes heading for the off-road routes over the heath land and through the forests. No problem though, there is plenty of room. Headed over to Swanage and picked up a pasty in a traditional bakery. Then over to Old Harry Rocks and then the heath to Ower Quay. Beautiful!
Ower Quay


What brilliant weather for April!. Days out with TW and TMIL on the seafront.  We cycle and TMIL takes her mobility scooter. Fancy a pint at the Sandbanks Hotel?


Spinning - otherwise known as a indoor cycling!

You walk in the room, its cold, very cold. Just like walking into a freezer. There are about 20 bikes. I pick a bike at the back. The instructor sits at the front barking instructions. The music blares out. Will I last the 45 mins I wonder?  Change up, change down, stand up, sit down.  She wants 100 rpm, faster, faster.
Can’t see the display on the bike to tell me what gear I'm in as there is no light above me. Speak to the guy on my right he tells me I should have picked a machine with a down-lighter above. Do it at your own pace he says. I do! The hardest part is sprinting standing up. It’s over, it’s hot, it’s very hot!
Oh for the open road, wind in the hair, potholes, birdsong and fresh air. Let me out of here!

Comments