Marlow to Arborfield circular ride (97km)

A sunny Sunday ride - 6th March
Headed out over Winter Hill on Sunday morning to join up with the group at Jenners Cafe by the river at Maidenhead. I was a tad late so no coffee or cake for me. Set off through Bray towards Holyport and Fifield. Familiar territory flashed by as we headed for Bracknell and Wokingham. By then I felt I had earned my coffee and cake at the local garden centre. The Sunday riders seemed to go a bit quicker than the Wednesday crowd! The roads were quite busy until we headed off through forest tracks and then turned for home towards Arborfield Cross. Lunch, at another Garden Centre, was limited to a packet of crisps and a sandwich. The cafe was being overhauled so the menu was limited. I was hungry as a horse so was looking forward to the nose bag when I got home. The home run seemed easier, maybe the wind was behind us. The stretch through Winnersh was dangerous but we were soon back on the byways for a lovely ride towards Shurlock Row and Waltham St Lawrence before a quick dash along the A404 to the Temple turn-off and home to Marlow. Time to raid the fridge!

Comments